For the preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery.
- Rapid acting: ChloraPrep exhibits better immediate antimicrobial activity than povidone iodine alone1
- Persistent: ChloraPrep skin antiseptic maintains antimicrobial activity for at least 48 hours.2 Free iodine, the active ingredient in povidone iodine and other iodophors, has minimal residual activity1
- Broad spectrum: ChloraPrep antimicrobial activity is effective against a broad spectrum of microorganisms on the skin3
- Active in protein-rich biomaterials: Remains active in the presence of blood, serum and other protein-rich biomaterials3
- Aseptic technique: The patented ChloraPrep applicator promotes aseptic technique and reduces the risk of direct hand-to-patient contact, helping reduce the risk of cross-contamination4
- Friction scrub: ChloraPrep applicators promote gentle friction scrub to help the solution penetrate the first five layers of the stratum corneum, where 80% of skin-dwelling microorganisms reside5
- Site visualization: Optional Hi-Lite Orange tint provides visual demarcation of prep area if needed or desired