Knowledgeably use ChloraPrep® surgical skin preparation solutions before surgery
These labels, warnings and material safety data sheets (MSDS) offer important information on our ChloraPrep products for the surgical preparation of skin.
Download the labels for our ChloraPrep applicators:
ChloraPrep Frepp® applicator
ChloraPrep clear applicators
ChloraPrep Hi-Lite Orange® tint
ChloraPrep Scrub Teal® tint
ChloraPrep Sepp® applicator
Do not use ChloraPrep skin antiseptic:
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- On patients with known allergies to chlorhexidine gluconate or isopropyl alcohol
- For lumbar puncture or on meninges
- On open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
- In or around the eyes, ears and mouth, as it could remain, causing serious or permanent injury
When using the solution:
- Let it completely dry for a minimum of three minutes on hairless skin and up to an hour on hair before exposure to draping or an ignition source such as cautery or a laser, as it contains alcohol and emits flammable vapors
- Do not let it pool
- Remove soaked materials, drapes and gowns
- When prepping the neck area, place towels under each side to absorb excess solution and then remove them
Download the MSDS for our ChloraPrep applicators.
The AORN Seal of Recognition has been awarded to the CareFusion - CHP Label change program on February 20, 2015 and does not imply that AORN approves or endorses any product or service mentioned in any presentation, format or content. The AORN Recognition program is separate from the AORN, ANCC Accredited Provider Unit and therefore does not include any CE credit for programs.