NHSN Surgical Site Infection Reporting deadline is January 2012
Will you be ready?
Hospitals across the country are preparing to meet the upcoming NHSN surgical site infection reporting requirements as mandated in the Value-Based Purchasing program from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).1 MedMined® services does more than just enable you to meet these requirements. Our new Surgical Reporting Tool allows your infection prevention and direct care teams to target all types of surgical site infections while maintaining hospital-wide surveillance and prevention efforts.
What can the tool do for you?
- Reduce time spent gathering and sorting surgical data for submission
- Improve clinical workflow and efficiency
- Streamline NHSN reporting process
- Review all data by surgeon, procedure or surgical service
- Select procedures for inclusion in denominator individually or according to your monthly reporting plan
- Automatically populate NHSN event from fields with surgical procedure, laboratory and patient data to minimize re-entry time and errors
- Evaluate and approve all infection events for accuracy and completeness prior to NHSN submission
- Upon completion, all selected SSI events and denominators for procedure data are bundled into a NHSN compliant CDA file ready for your submission
CareFusion offers a full surgical solution from the proactive identification of infection trends, to helping reduce the incidence of infections, and the automated reporting of infection results. Technology such as this can make any OR more effective. For more information on an overall surgical solution, please visit our OR Effectiveness page.