Patient Safety Council
The San Diego Patient Safety Council consists of clinicians and healthcare professionals from acute care facilities across Southern California. Council members review literature, apply process improvement tools, and share best practices to obtain consensus in building a comprehensive set of recommendations on specific topics.
The Council has developed four toolkits and is working on the 5th toolkit focused on standardization of EtCO2 monitoring. The goal of this project is to develop a county-wide evidenced-based toolkit for the safe and effective use of monitoring of patients outside of the ICU.
- High-Risk IV Medication Dosing Limits Guidelines of Care
- Development of soft and hard limits for the original 34 high-risk IV medications that were the subject of the first project
- ICU Sedation Guidelines of Care
- Patient-Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Guidelines of Care
- Safe Administration of High-Risk IV Medications
* Content including webcasts, continuing education, white papers and conference proceedings found in this section do not necessarily relate to CareFusion products.